When it comes to using a Windows PC/laptop, not everyone is able to afford the original copy. In the recent past, our team has received multiple requests to provide an updated list of methods to remove activate windows watermark that the non-registered copies show i.e. on the bottom-left corner of the Desktop. The Windows 10 watermark asks you to activate the Windows by going to the Settings app. If you are here, there are high chances that you are also annoyed with the watermark. Well, the tricks that we are going to discuss here are seen to be quite helpful.
Moreover, you will be able to implement them without any hassle and opt to remove activate windows 10 watermark. Before we go any further in the methods, it’s important that you understand the reason behind this watermark. If there isn’t a budget issue, you can get rid of the watermark simply by paying for the key. However, the possible reasons are:
- Every Windows copy comes with a license and the most common reason for this watermark is the expiry of the license.
- Another reason that might be behind the Activate Windows watermark is that the user has input wrong or a used Windows key. Microsoft uses an online tool to make sure that a product key isn’t being used more than once.
- The last reason that may be the case is the product key that you are using isn’t matched by the Windows version that you have installed. For example, the key that you have purchased belongs to Windows 10 Home and you have installed the Windows 10 Professional version.
How to remove Activate Windows 10 watermark?
Method 1: A 3rd party tool
Once you are set to remove this annoying watermark, among quite many options, the easiest and most convenient one is to use a 3rd party tool. There are two tools that we think are the best ones to remove Activate Windows watermark and are also completely free. If you are not very aware of the malicious content, you should not just search on Google and download any tool that claims to remove it. We are providing you with two tools that are reliable and you can install any of them without any worry.
This is the tool used by a lot of users who are using the expired or a non-activated copy of Windows. The tool offers you to forge the existing product keys and you will also get to use the tool to use the paid version of various other Microsoft products. Here are the steps you need to follow while using the KMS tool.
There will be all the product keys available on the homepage of the Microsoft website for KMS clients.
Find the product key that matches your Windows version and open the CMD (Admin).
Enter the command slmgr /ipk, followed by the key you selected.
Once you hit Enter, it will give you the prompt to select the KMS server.
Now enter command slmgr /ato to activate the Windows copy.
In this tool, there is nothing that you need to configure to get rid of the Windows 10 watermark. All you need to do is download the tool by searching for it on your favorite browser. Once the tool is installed successfully and you run it, you will get signed out of the computer, and as you will sign in again, the watermark will be gone.
Method 2: Using code in Notepad
This is the method that will not require you to download files and all you need to do is follow the steps below to easily remove activate windows 10 watermark.
1. The very first thing you need to do is create a .txt file and write the following code.
taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
2. Go to the File tab and click on Save As. In the file name, enter Activation.bat.
3. Hit Save and then right-click on the saved file to run it as Administrator.
4. Hit Restart and the watermark will be gone by now.
Method 3: Edit the computer registry
When you are doing your research on how to remove the activate windows watermark, you will be bombarded with a lot of options. Obviously, not everything is safe on the internet and you need to be extra careful while downloading any file. There is a lot of malicious content present and you need to be a nerd to point out that type of content.
In this method, we are going to use the computer registry to get rid of the watermark, and let’s dive into the steps without any further adieu.
Once the computer is fully booted, you will need to open the registry editor by pressing Windows+R and enter the phrase regedit. Hit Enter.
On the left pane, find the tab HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
Find the Control Panel tab and under it, go to Desktop. A new list of options will appear up and you need to double-click on the first version, PaintDesktopVersion.
Change the Value Data to 0. It will be 1, by default. Hit Save and close all the programs.
Restart the computer and the watermark will be gone by now.
Method 4: Using Microsoft Toolkit v2.6.4
Just like one of the previous methods where we discussed the KMS tool to get rid of the Windows 10 watermark, this one is also quite simple and easy to use. This tool can be implemented on all the Windows above Windows 7. There is one thing that you need to take care of and that’s deactivating the anti-virus. Let’s dive into the steps below.
If you want to download the tool, click here to download it. Make sure that you opt to download this with the help of a reliable platform/source.
Once the Toolkit is downloaded and you have installed it, open the app and click on the Activation tab on the horizontal menu.
Here, you will get an option EZ-Activator. Wait for a few seconds and you will get a confirmation right below.
Method 5: Use another @echo off text tool
This is also the tool where you will not require to download any file from the internet. We are going to provide you a text file that you will need to copy-paste on your computer and then follow the steps mentioned below. The text file can be accessed from here.
Once you have copied the code, you will need to create a new text file and paste it there. It’s one of the simplest methods you will get on searching how to remove activate windows 10 watermark?
Go to the File tab and click on Save As.
You will also need to pay attention while naming. Name the file as 1click.cmd.
Hit Save and then right-click on the file to run as Administrator.
Once you run it, you can go check the System Properties for the Windows key.
Method 6: Buy the product key
If there is no budget limitation, you can always choose to buy the product key. You will need to go to the Settings app and you will find an Activation tab on the left pane. Once you click it, the app will allow you to buy the product key by redirecting you to the Microsoft Store. There is one thing that you need to take care of is that there are various unauthorized sellers and you must avoid buying from them. If you ask about the official method to remove activate windows watermark, this one is the only method.
It’s time we go through some FAQs for your better understanding.
Method 7: Disable Windows 10 Tips
In order to do the above, all you got to perform is disable Windows 10 tips by doing the following:
- At first, head directly to the Start button and then opt for clicking the option “Settings” (This is a button, which will appear as a gear)
- Now, at this point, all you have to opt for is “System”. Now, opt for clicking the Notifications & Actions button
- Now, opt for scrolling a little down, and then all you have to opt for is turning off “Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and Get tips, tricks and suggestions as you use windows”
- And voila, you are ready to go further.
Method 8: Disable with CMD
In order to do the above, all you got to perform is use CMD
Know if the test mode on Windows 10 is enabled or not as it can make it evident for the activate Windows watermark to show up. On finding it enabled, opt for disabling it with the help of CMD. Here is a complete process to do the same that you may follow:
- At first, all you got to do is press Start and then opt for typing in CMD.
- Now, opt for right-clicking and then selecting the button that says “run as administrator”
(on getting prompted by UAC, opt for clicking Yes)
- Now, hit enter after you put the command in the cmd window bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF
- Once you do as suggested above, you will be able to see this text that says, “The operation completed successfully”
- It’s now time to restart your PC and there you are done with the process.
- 8. Utilize Ease of Access option
- To get the activate Windows watermark removed; opt for the Ease of Access option in Windows 10. We have got every step mentioned right below:
- At first, opt for clicking on the Start menu, and then opt for searching for the Control Panel. Once you are done doing the same, click on the app
Now, at this point, head to the Ease of Access Centre option
At this point, opt for clicking on Make the computer easier to see i.e. on the next screen
Now, opt for scrolling down right to the bottom of this screen for ticking the box “Remove background images (where available)”
At this point, opt for clicking OK and then opt to Restart the PC and you will no longer be able to see “The activate Windows watermark”.
Q1) Will I be able to uninstall Microsoft Toolkit after the activation of Windows?
Ans. Yes, once the watermark is gone and your copy of Windows is activated, you can uninstall the toolkit immediately.
Q2) Why do I need to deactivate my firewall?
Ans. As the source from where you are downloading the kit isn’t official, your Windows Firewall/Anti-virus will read it as a malicious file.
Q3) What if my Windows key isn’t showing the activated version?
Ans. If you have paid for the original copy and it’s not yet updated, you will need to contact the Customer Help Center to get rid of the Activate Windows watermark.
Q4) What’s the reason for having the Activate Windows Watermark?
Ans. Well, the expired Windows license is probably the most thought of the reason for the displayed Activate Windows 10 watermark. You must be having the right product key or a serial key and if you don’t have one, you will see the watermark anyway. If you have it, opt to activate it and you will be able to find a solution.
We hope that you are able to remove that annoying watermark. In case it appears again, you will not need to research again and all you need to do is go through the same process that you did this time. However, we would recommend that you activate the Windows officially, as it will not only be the most secure method, but you will also get all the future updates from Microsoft.